Website Clean Energy For America
Clean Energy for America is hiring a Digital Media Specialist!
For more information or to apply now, click here.
About Clean Energy for America
Clean Energy for America (CE4A), and our 501c(3) affiliate the Clean Energy for America Education Fund (CE4A EF) is the voice for the clean energy workforce, a new powerhouse of energy industry participants who overwhelmingly support ambitious action on climate to grow our economy and create jobs. CE4A is of, by, and for this rapidly growing sector of the labor market. Our mission is to build lasting power within the clean energy community by uplifting, engaging with, and advocating on behalf of the industry’s workforce.
CE4A mobilizes all levels of the clean energy workforce to advocate for good policies and be a strong organized grassroots voice for clean energy. Our goal is to become the largest advocacy force for the 3 million+ clean energy workers to push for ambitious clean energy policies in the country.
About The Position
The Digital Media Specialist will reimagine our social media for more engagement, help us rebuild our following, and optimize our use of different platforms. There’s a great opportunity for creativity: We want to engage people in the clean energy workforce as well as people who can help move CE4A’s mission forward through activism and engagement efforts. This is a great opportunity for an individual with a strong foundation in various media platforms who wants to expand their skills along with CE4A’s influence.
Day to day responsibilities include the following:
- Promote CE4A’s brand and voice online by writing, commenting, and engaging with social media, blogs, and emerging platforms
- Monitor social media for engagement opportunities
- Generate creative images and graphics using tools like Canva
- Maintain social media calendar, managing scheduled posts and social media tools
- Regularly post and reply; monitor engagement and statistics of platforms and posts
- Ensure creative images and other social media meet common digital accessibility and inclusivity standards (e.g. WCAG)
- Support for website content and overall brand needs
- Ensure content is approved by supervisors in a timely manner; regularly update colleagues on campaign progress
- More duties as assigned. The digital landscape is always changing and new needs may arise.
Experience and Qualifications
- Demonstrated alignment with CE4A’s mission and values and desire to support the clean energy workforce
- 1-3 years experience in a digital media role, ideally in a mission oriented environment
- Demonstrated experience in developing visual content using tools such as Canva, Photoshop or similar. We may ask you for samples of your work.
- Understanding of how various social media platforms and tools work together
- Ability to navigate communication styles of a diverse group of members and advisors across the country; Experience in grassroots communications is valuable
- Well developed communication skills, including writing, verbal, and visual storytelling; English will be a primary language, other languages may be helpful (e.g. Spanish) though not required
- Creative thinking and problem solving abilities
- Organized and able to work independently in a remote environment
- Commitment to help promote a healthy work environment
Although not required, the following are useful skills:
- Video Design / Production skills
- Experience in advocacy or volunteering
Salary & Benefits
Starting Salary range: $75,000-95,000
Direct Supervisor: Deputy Executive Director
Benefits for 2023 include
Employer paid medical insurance
Flexible work hours
Unlimited paid leave
16 weeks paid parental leave
Professional development stipend
CE4AEF will have expanded benefits in 2024 including dental and vision insurance, 401k match, and more.
Clean Energy For America Education Fund is a 501c3 and works with its sister organization Clean Energy for America, a 501c4. This role is engaged under CE4AEF. CE4AEF and CE4A utilize structured salary bands to provide equitable and transparent salaries.
How to Apply
Please upload your resume and complete the following pre-screening questions as part of the application here. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Can you share with us about your passion for clean energy and how it connects with the work of CE4A and CE4AEF? (Maximum 250 words)
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility have been used as popular buzzwords in the past few years, but they mean so much more. How do you see DEIA shaping the work of promoting and supporting our clean energy workforce? (Maximum 250 words)
Clean Energy for America is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including but not limited to hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Clean Energy for America encourages Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC), ethnic minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, individuals from the LGBTQ community, and those from other marginalized groups to apply.