About Million Voters Project
MVP is an alliance of 7 statewide and regional community-based power building networks that includes 93 local affiliates and thousands of grassroots leaders across 28 California counties. The MVP partners all have a track record and expertise in Integrated Voter Engagement, are leaders in state and national policy issues such as housing, immigration, criminal justice and climate justice, and engage in outreach and organizing of the rising California electorate, including faith-based communities, Asian American and Pacific Islander communities, young people, immigrants and refugees, and Black Californians.
About Communications Manager Position
MVP is seeking a Communications Manager to assist with the implementation with our public education campaign to build awareness about the need for bold systemic state-based solutions that promote a government that cares, multiracial democracy and corporate accountability. This position will help develop written and creative content and oversee day to day management of a range of social media platforms, including but not limited to instagram, facebook and twitter. The role will also support alignment of MVP partners by creating a social media calendar, campaign toolkits and providing technical support to help partners and local affiliates amplify campaign assets. The role may also include support of digital and field organizing through mass email and SMS campaigns.
- Assist in the development and implementation of race class narrative strategies that reinforce a government that cares, multiracial democracy and corporate accountability.
- Assist in assessing the narrative infrastructure needs of MVP partner organizations, including but not limited to the knowledge, skills, tools, relationships/networks and systems for individuals and groups to collaboratively advance shared narratives.
MVP Strategic Communications Committee
- Convene MVP Strategic Communications Committee with key narrative/communications leads from partner orgs to align on central narrative and support decentralized adoption.
- In consultation with MVP communication leads, assist in the development and execution of capacity building/peer learning program for MVP Strategic Communications Committee.
- Promote new content, key pages, and calls-to-action across all MVP social media channels, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Position content to target different segments and to fit the format and publishing requirements of each platform.
- Produce all email campaigns, solicit content from internal sources, and manage review, testing, and sending.
- Manage social ad campaigns and other promotions; track and share results for continuous improvement to targeting and segments.
- Support earned media opportunities, including drafting copy and rapid response.
- Strategic, bold and innovative. We set ambitious goals and consistently experiment to shape a new blueprint to achieve justice.
- Democratic from the bottom up — our mission centers building the power of poor & working people and the leadership of our local partners.
- Rigorous and disciplined to evaluate our progress and scale our power. Fiercely committed to social, economic and racial justice.
- An effective writer with a passion for the creative, who understands how to inspire and motivate all kinds of audiences.
- Able to take ownership of a large email and SMS list and create compelling communications that tell the story of California’s Emerging Electorate — including poor and working class families, communities of color — and move them to action.
- An avid news reader who is able to identify and seize rapid response opportunities.
A new media expert with an understanding of current trends and strategies to effectively leverage the power of social media.
- Comfortable taking the lead on projects and driving them to completion, using rigorous, metric-driven analysis to balance short-term tactical campaigns with long-term strategic projects.
- Able to demonstrate a successful track record of Email and SMS list management and copywriting for campaigns.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Background in and commitment to social justice work.
- Must have strong digital skills, including basic HTML for email formatting, Excel, Action Network (or similar CRM), MobileCommons (or similar Mass SMS Platform), Facebook Business Manager, Adobe Photoshop.
- A strong track record of managing Email and SMS campaigns.
- Must have strong analytical skills and excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to produce high-quality copy for digital communications.
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve goals under deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diversity of people, organizations, communities, and cultures.
(Preferred) experience in community and/or labor organizing.
- Strong framing and messaging skills.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
- Valid driver’s license, personal car insurance, a personal vehicle in good working condition with valid registration.
- No later than the first day of employment must provide acceptable documents for proof of identity and employment authorization in the United States for Form I-9.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Status: Full-time, Exempt
- Salary Range: $75,000 – $85,000
- Location: Can work remotely anywhere in California
- Reports to: MVP Director
- Travel Requirements: Mostly in state, 1-2 times a quarter
- Benefits Include: Full Family Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance. Medical after 30 days of employment and Health and Dependent Care Flex Spending Account after 90 days. 401K plan, 10 paid holidays, and accrued vacation time up to 20 days after 7 years of employment.
VACCINATION TRANSPARENCY: Due to travel requirements and in-person meetings during employment, candidates will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated (Two Doses as well as appropriate booster doses) against COVID-19 before commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable law.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: California Calls and MVP are Equal Opportunity Employers, women, people of color, people with disabilities and LGBTQI people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Email resume, cover letter, and three references to Karla Zombro [email protected]